It’s finally summer! You’ve been counting down the months since you booked your family vacation.. You are all packed and ready to go, But are you really all ready? Why not take a few steps to protect your home while you are away?
Here are a few safety precautions you can take so you can focus on fun in the sun:
- Don’t let it appear like you’re away. Set timers for lights. This goes a long way in making it seem like someone is home.
- Don’t post your location on social media. One thing you would never think about for home security is social media posting. Never post your location on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/etc. You may think your social media accounts are just for you and your friends, but you never know who is watching.
- Have a neighbor or friend pick up your mail and packages. You don’t want a pile of boxes, an overflowing mailbox, or a stoop covered in newspapers to cue a burglar you’re away
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked. Front, back,, it never hurts to double-triple check! While you’re making sure all doors and windows are locked, put away any spare keys you have “hiding” under doormats
- Lastly, let American Security know you will be away. It’s always a great idea to give your trusted company a head’s up that you could use an extra eye on your home.
Are you covered while you’re away? You are if you’re with American Security – #WeHaveYouCovered.
When it comes to life safety, there is no margin for error. That’s why our customers have been relying on American Security to protect their homes, businesses, and facilities since 1979. We have been installing monitoring and maintaining security, fire and interactive video systems throughout the tristate area and specialize in commercial and multi-family housing applications.